[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] NetCDF variable names for partitions coming out of ww3_ounf

Saulter, Andrew andrew.saulter at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Jan 23 16:45:01 UTC 2019

Hi Fabrice,

This did get raised via the developers group to see if anyone had any complaints, prior to me updating the variable names. There weren't any at the time...

If it ain't broken why fix it? For phs it might not be broken, but for other variables we've needed to introduce (e.g. pt01, pt02) I'd suggest it is - pt010, pt011, pt012 would make no sense to me as a set of component names for a t01 variable type.

So it seemed more consistent to add a 'c' for component to all the partition variables in order to make sense of this, rather than just introduce this into any new variables.

We can, of course revise, should the rest of the group change their minds on this and that nice Mr Trump and friends allow people to get back to work (I'm slightly agnostic as we are working operationally with stupid CMEMS variable names, which are different again).

Cheers
Andy