[Ncep.list.nems.announce] upcoming NEMS commits

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 20 20:47:49 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Based on the emails I have gotten, these are the upcoming commits:

1. Replace produtil with a submodule.  Right now, the VLAB NEMS has its own
copy of produtil.  It would be unwieldy to have three produtil
repositories.  Thus, I'm going to delete produtil from the
NEMS/tests/produtil and replace it with a submodule to the VLAB produtil
repository.

2. Regression test changes:

  - Update NEMSfv3gfs so it does not run C768 on Jet in the "standard" test
set.  This requires updating the internal logic of the regression test
system so it can handle a list of platforms on which to run.

  - Update path to nccmp and qoutq on Jet.  The /pan2 filesystem was
removed and the programs are now on /lfs3

  - Bug fix to copying code: <=copydir= does not recurse into
subdirectories.

3. Update from Jessica to add radiation stress to the field dictionary in
NEMS/src/module_EARTH_GRID_COMP.F90.  This variable is passed from the wave
to the surge models.  It is needed to support ADCIRC-WW3 coupling.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan