[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Impending NEMS commits

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 25 15:36:09 UTC 2017

Hi all,

There are two impending NEMS commits.  These are purely technical changes.

1. NEMS trunk's NEMSCompsetRun will switch to Rocoto 1.2.4-RC3 on WCOSS.
This version contains an update to Rocoto's LSF bjobs/bhist parsing to
handle a different output syntax from those commands when users have very
long job names.  There are many other fixes in that version of Rocoto.

2. Add an option to NEMSfv3gfs compile.sh to send -DGFSL64 to the FV3 build
system.  This is required by the cycled FV3 GFS workflow.  However, for
backward compatibility, the option will be off by default in NEMSfv3gfs.
The workflow-level build system passes this option down to the NEMSfv3gfs's
compile.sh, overriding the default behavior.

I'll send out branches when they're available.  I'm still installing Rocoto
1.2.4-RC3 on WCOSS.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan