[Ncep.list.nems.announce] impending nems commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 15 17:29:57 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Wednesday 5 PM Eastern time, I will be committing some changes from Bin Li
to support the HYCOM-GSM-CICE app.  After this commit, the HYCOM-GSM-CICE
will be a supported app.  All changes must be tested against that app
before commits to the NEMS trunk.

Description of Bin's change:

The HYCOM model needs “ice_fraction”, “mean_latent_heat_flx” and
“mean_net_sw_flx” fields. The NEMS mediator is revised to add those fields
to the export state “NState_OcnExp” for the HYCOM model.

All tests passed for all apps on all platforms they support.  The new NEMS
can be found here:

https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/branches/BinLi/trunk_r96303_hycom

After the NEMS trunk is updated, I will update the following apps' trunks
to point to the head of the new NEMS trunk:

1. NEMSGSM
2. NEMSfv3gfs
3. WW3-GSM
4. GSM-MOM5-CICE5