[Ncep.list.nems.announce] nems trunk commit

Jun Wang - NOAA Affiliate jun.wang at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 28 19:35:54 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I have some gsm changes ready to commit nems trunk. The NEMS ticket is:

https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/nems/ticket/202

and gsm ticket is:

https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/gsm/ticket/112

The changes are:

1) output gsm log files
2)nst changes to remove the line computing nst_prain with sppt_wts in
gloopb.f and to change nst output field name from slmsk to land.
3) fsync capability is added to check if the output files are sync-ed to
disk. A variable write_fsyncflag is added to the configure file in
exglobal_fcst_nems.sh

The nst IC and results are updated in REGRESSION_TEST/gsm_slg_nst. There is
no change on other gsm regression tests and nmmb regression tests.

Full regression test passed on wcoss and theia using rt.sh.

Sam recently updated NEMS  to also run the nems regressoion test using
compsets besides using rt.sh. The above changes requires further updates in
the files under emc.nemspara in order to use compset. Sam agreed that we
will make those updates later.

The NEMS branch is at:

https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/branches/jun/gsm_logfile

for your to review. Please let me know if you have any questions. I am
planing to commit the code changes to NEMS trunk tomorrow between 2-3PM.

Thanks!

Jun