[Ncep.list.nems.announce] passing information between dynamics and physics in NEMS

weiyu yang weiyu.yang at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 3 20:06:55 UTC 2016

Phil,

If only a single variable need pass from dynamics to the physics, you
may just simply to use the ESMF state add parameter function to attach
this variable into the dynamics export ESMF state, then in the physics
component import ESMF state, use the ESMF state get parameter function
to get it out.  Based on ESMF version may be better to use the ESMF type
logical variable ESMF_logical and use like ESMF_true and ESMF_false (I
do not remember it exactly, some thing like this).  The ESMF logical
variable will do the same thing as the regular logical variable.

Weiyu