[Ncep.list.nems.announce] passing information between dynamics and physics in NEMS

Henry Juang - NOAA Federal henry.juang at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 1 20:33:39 UTC 2016

If the variable will be back and forth between dynamic and physics
components, then the reasonable way is to pass through export/import states
as coupling. I suggest we make a reasonable length array in exp/imp states
to carry options between two components through something like coupling....
a real array is more general to handle all options, such 1.0 for truth, 0,0
for false. In case of option with 0.5 for example, real array can handle it!