[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Gaea SVN access problem to SVNEMC server

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Fri Sep 18 19:08:02 UTC 2015

Just to wrap this up and for the record, I figured out that when I do
"module load subversion", I get an SVN version that works. Strange thing
is that 1) the default svn in /usr/bin/svn worked for me in the past,
and I did not have to load the subversion module on Gaea. 2) the
/usr/bin/svn version still works for me when I ssh into a Gaea front-end
node specifically. In that second case I cannot figure out the
difference, the environments are basically identical. For now I am good
with "module load subversion" (which I guess is the official version)
and I am just wondering how this worked before. Also I suggested to the
Gaea folks to remove /usr/bin/svn if it is not supported.
-Gerhard