[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] MRMS FLASH

Craig Donahue - NOAA Affiliate craig.donahue at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 2 22:01:59 UTC 2018

Hi Mark.  MRMS is primary in Boulder right now.  I understand there may be
ongoing issues in College Park which is where you are pulling from.

We highly recommend customers use the DNS name* mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov
<http://mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov>* instead of an IP in their LDM config
so we can move your traffic to our primary site as needed.(outages,
patching, etc)

Would it be possible for you to try that name in your ldm configurations
and let us know if that solves your issue?

The two possible mrms ldmout IPs are:
140.90.98.15 CP
 140.172.138.50 BLDR

in case you need to get firewall changes made

Let us know if we can be of more assistance.

I've pasted in our welcome template below that we normally send MRMS
customers. that hopefully explains it even better detail.

Thanks
Craig

================================
Hello NEW_CUSTOMER,

You have provided us all the information that we need to set you up with
MRMS data feed.
We normally add users on Monday mornings, barring critical weather that
would prevent us from modifying operational systems.

In the meanwhile, there are a few pointers for configuration at your end:

1) Firewall rules

Your firewall should accept both:

    College Park MRMS LDM server: 140.90.98.15 (mrms-ldmout.cprk.ncep.noaa.
gov)
    Boulder MRMS LDM server: 140.172.138.50 (mrms-ldmout.bldr.ncep.noaa.gov)

>From the NCEP end, there are no firewall restrictions in place.

2) Modify your request lines to pull specific products from our MRMS server
- mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov.
mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov is the alias that you should be using as NCO
would be switching between the College Park and Boulder sites. The alias
makes the switch transparent to you.

3) Ensure time on your system(s) is accurate. I am assuming you use ntpd to
synchronize your clocks.

4) For more information on using ldm - please check the Unidata website -
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 5:21 PM, Mark Loeffelbein - NOAA Federal <
mark.loeffelbein at noaa.gov> wrote:

> WRHQ hasn't received MRMS_FLASH_QPE since 2018-08-02 15:59:59. We obtain
> the data over LDM from 140.90.98.15. Is anyone else experiencing this?
>
> *Mark Loeffelbein*
> Science and Technology Infusion Division
> National Weather Service - Western Region Headquarters
> 801-524-5131
> VOIP 734258

Craig Donahue Sr.
Contractor Team Lead for Tier 2 Application Support

NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/IDSB
craig.donahue at noaa.gov
410-635-4357 (VOICE/SMS)