[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] Missing MRMS Data

Jaysankar Iyer - NOAA Affiliate jaysankar.iyer at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 5 17:02:17 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Can you give us some information that would help us understand this better:

1) Do you have any specific timeline(s) during which there were issues?
Which is the latest such instance?

2) What are the products/groups that you were observing gaps?

Thanks much,

-Jay

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Massa, Stephen <smassa at verisk.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using MRMS data for several projects and have found many instances
> of missing data. I mentioned this in an email back in Nov 2015 (see below)
> and was told that that you were working on it. Any update on progress on
> this? I assume you do not archive data so restatement is not possible, is
> this correct?
>
> Thank you,
> Steve Massa
>

> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Nov 2015 contact with Victor Zubko @NOAA regarding missing MRMS data.
>
> 1.     Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for contacting us. MRMS is a real time system, so we collect
> nothing. Usually, the data is available for 1 hour in its destination
> directory, and then it is removed to clear space for next data, and so on.
> We had and continue to have problems with missing data. We have open
> tickets and are working with the developers to fix this, and hope to
> improve the situation.
>
> Could you please provide us with the information what products and on what
> day/time are missing.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
>  Victor
>

> *Stephen Massa* | Director of Operations
>
> Phone: +1.781.761.2250 <(781)%20761-2250>
>
> [image: Verisk Insurance Solutions] <http://www.verisk.com/insurance/>
>
> [image: Forbes 2016 Most Innovative Companies]
> <http://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/list/#tab:rank_search:verisk>[image:
> Forbes 2016 Best Large Employers]
> <http://www.forbes.com/best-employers/list/#tab:rank_search:Verisk>
>
> verisk.com <http://www.verisk.com/insurance/> | vCard
> <http://www.dynasend.com/signatures/vcard/smassa-at-verisk.com.vcf> | Map
> <https://www.google.com/maps/place/131+Dartmouth+St,+Boston,+MA+02116/@42.3469456,-71.0750738,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89e37a0d13004401:0x3af21115f445d774?hl=en>
>  | Email <smassa at verisk.com>
>
> [image: Blog] <http://www.verisk.com/blog>[image: LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/verisk-insurance-solutions>[image:
> Twitter] <https://twitter.com/veriskinsurance>[image: RSS Feed]
> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/2015-Verisk-NewsA?type=rss>

Jaysankar Iyer (CyberData Technologies, Inc.)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NWS | NCEP | NCO | IDSB
U.S. Department of Commerce
5830 University Research Court
College Park, Maryland 20740
301.683.1483 | jaysankar.iyer at noaa.gov