[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] Quadrant data missing in MRMS

Matt Davis - NOAA Federal matt.w.davis at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 5 19:03:18 UTC 2017

Hi MRMS users,

Within IRIS, we use several MRMS products to create TIFF files for our
system. Since version 11.0, I've been noticing that the southwest quadrant
of at least two of the data types, MRMS_ReflectivityAtLowestAltitude
and MRMS_LowLevelCompositeReflectivity, is blank.

Today, I acquired one of the grib2 files (attached) from our data source
(IDP on /common/data/apps/mrms/ops/toc) and opened it in IDV, and, the
rainfall over California is not showing up in the
MRMS_ReflectivityAtLowestAltitude.

Here is an IDV screenshot:

​
Here is the corresponding 0.5 from weather.gov:

​
As an update, I just took a look before sending this email, at our latest
generated TIFF file, and it appears to be missing all but the NW quadrant
(blue here represents data - this is ReflectivityAtLowestAltitude)

​
Is it possible someone could validate what I'm seeing?

Thanks for any help,
Matt

--
*Technical Lead for IRIS, iNWS,*
*Impacts Catalog, HazCollect Extended*

*Decision Support Branch*

*Meteorological Development LabOffice of Science and Technology Integration*
*National** Weather Service, Boulder, Colorado*
(608) 406-0537