[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] global-workflow repository code manager change

Fanglin Yang - NOAA Federal fanglin.yang at noaa.gov
Wed May 1 18:39:42 UTC 2019

All,

It has been a pleasure working with everyone of you in the past to develop
this global workflow for supporting both research and operation.  I expect
you will provide the same support to the new code manager team to make the
workflow more efficient and user friendly.

Regards,
Fanglin

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 2:16 PM Kate Friedman - NOAA Federal <
Kate.Friedman at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> As of today there has been a change in the code management of the
> global-workflow repository in VLab. Fanglin Yang is stepping down to focus
> on other tasks and a small code management team is stepping in. This new
> team will consist of myself (Kate Friedman), Hang Lei, and Lin Gan. Over
> the coming weeks we will be reviewing the state of the global-workflow repo
> and may be introducing some changes, including enforcing GitFlow. You may
> be contacted by one of us about any global-workflow branches you own or
> issues you're assigned to as we review the state of the repo.
>
> Any changes will be communicated but for now please continue following the
> current procedures for getting changes into the global-workflow master. The
> only change today is who to contact about getting your changes reviewed and
> into the master.
>
> Thank you VERY much to Fanglin for managing this role by himself for so
> many years!
>
> Please email Hang, Lin, and myself if you have any questions. Thanks!
>
> Kate Friedman (formerly Howard)
> NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC Engineering and Implementation Branch

Fanglin Yang, Ph.D.
Physical Scientist
Environmental Modeling Center
National Centers for Environmental Prediction
301-6833722; fanglin.yang at noaa.gov
http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/gmb/wx24fy/fyang/
http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/gmb/STATS_vsdb/