[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] NEMSfv3gfs/FV3 repo update after NESCC maintenance
Jun Wang - NOAA Affiliate
jun.wang at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 7 15:09:16 UTC 2017
During today's NESCC maintenance, there are several new versions of
software available including ESMF library (Please see a full list of
changes below). NEMSfvegfs/FV3 VLAB gerrit git repositories need to be
updated to use the modified ESMF module after the maintenance. The updates
will be committed tomorrow morning. Please note that after the maintenance
the code may not work on theia without the updates. Thanks!
Nov 7, 2017 Maintenance
- *Rocoto*: The default version of rocoto has been changed from
rocoto/1.2.3 to *rocoto/1.2.4 *. The RELEASE NOTES associated with this
release can be found here:
- *The ESMF library and modules*:
- Applications using the ESMF library will require the use of slightly
modified esmf modules when compiling these applications. This is needed
because of a regression caused by the updates to some of the underlying
libraries. The symptom of this regression is that applications using the
SVML library (with the flag “-lsvml”) are failing. In our current
environment, this is primarily affecting applications that use “
esmf.mk” file in their build process. In order to work around this
problem you will have to use a slightly different set of ESMF modules.
Shown below are the recommended substitutions:
- esmf/3.1.0rp5 should be replaced by * esmf/3.1.0rp5-svml-fix *
- esmf/5.2.0rp3 should be replaced by * esmf/5.2.0rp3-svml-fix *
- esmf/6.3.0rp1 should be replaced by * esmf/6.3.0rp1-svml-fix *
- esmf/7.0.0 should be replaced by * esmf/7.0.2 *
- Please note that esmf/7.0.0-does-not-work is left in place, but
should not be used as it will not work.
- *Emacs editor*: Currently there is a known issue with the emacs
editor that comes with the system. As a workaround *xemacs * has been
installed on the system until we have a fix from the vendor.
- *Matlab/2017*: The latest version of MATLAB is now available. Please
load the * matlab/R2017b * to access this version.
- *Intel 2018 Parallel Studio*: The latest version of the Intel compiler
suite has been installed on Theia. Please use the following module to
access this version: * intel/18.0.128. <http://18.0.128.> * * Please
note that only minimal testing has been done with this version of the
compiler. Please report any issues found with this version.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.list.fv3-announce