[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] Regarding the Snow-Rain conversion in CFS

Shrinivas Moorthi shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 20 10:45:13 UTC 2014

Prajeesh,
     Admittedly, it is a simple scheme to identify whether the rainfall
is snow or water based on T850.
However, this is not a conversion; it is just an identification. Latent
heat is considered in the microphysics.
More advanced microphysics will provide rain and snow rates directly.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Moorthi

--