[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] Fwd: Fwd: query Monsoon list

Xingren Wu xingren.wu at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 7 14:31:26 UTC 2014

Hi Partha,

Here are the answers:

(1) We did it because of the mismatch of the mask between MOM and GFS
grids we created, when MOM indicates no-ocean but GFS requires ocean,
this is done. This occurs because of the difference in MOM/GFS
resolution and/or grid, and also due to the fine tuning of the MOM grid
mask (to eliminate some grids that caused stability issue for long-run).

If the mask match each other there is no need to do this. If the land
model grid is outside the GFS, and is tiled with MOM ocean grid there is
no need to do this neither.

There might be other solution for this issue but that was what we did
for the CFSv2.

(2) Find out the mismatch points above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,