[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] 20 March 2019 Meeting Follow Up

Henrique Alves - NOAA Affiliate henrique.alves at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 20 15:48:25 UTC 2019

Hello Everybody,

Thanks for those who joined the WW3 developers call today.

Our discussion this morning focused on the main aspects of the new
framework for WW3 code development using GitHub, the WW3 repo structure and
some of the more relevant contents of the Wiki page.

The new authoritative repo is found at:
https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/WW3

A couple of institutional repos will be created soon, with links will be
provided in the WW3 GitHub wiki page, which is:
https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/WW3/wiki

I would like to ask that you browse the contents of the NOAA-EMC/WW3
authoritative repository, and spend some time going through the Wiki
contents, in particular the Developer Guide
<https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/WW3/wiki/Developer-Guide>, and the Quick Start
<https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/WW3/wiki/Quick-Start> pages. These contain
descriptions of our new development framework following the GitFlow
<https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/WW3/wiki/WW3-Gitflow> model.  They also
describe steps to be taken for creating forks, cloning your fork, and
changing code.

*Please try out some of the basic steps described on the Wiki to make sure
we got all correct and clear.*

I hope to hear from most of you by the end of the day with suggestions,
corrections etc.

If all looks good, we will create a public release tag by the end of our
work day that will likely be named WAVEWATCH-III.v6.07.

Thanks for your commitment to creating a successful collaborative framework.

Best,

Jessica, Ali and Henrique

_______
Dr Jose-Henrique Alves
Oceanographer at SRG/EMC/NCEP/NOAA
NOAA-NCWCP, 5830 University Research Court
College Park, Maryland 20740, USA
Phone: (301) 683-3762*