[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] Vlab is up -- Please add versions/issues!

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 27 14:30:32 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

First VLab is back up (and has been since Friday).  To find out about VLab
outages directly, please subscribe here:
https://infolist.nws.noaa.gov/read/all_forums/subscribe?name
=vlab-notifications&page=all_forums

This means, Vlab is up to add versions for tracking progress towards the v6
release. Current versions can bee seen on the roadmap: https://vlab.ncep.
noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/roadmap
To add a new version go here :
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/versions/new making
sure to add the name  "6.XX short description".

If you have a bug update or minor update that does not correspond to a
version number increase but needs to be tracked for the v6 public release,
create an issue here: https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/i
ssues/new and for the *target version* put "6.XX Bug Fixes and
Documentation" which will be the catch-all for these.  Note milestones and
tickets from the trac page were not moved, so you will need to do this.

The VLab wiki has also been updated: https://vlab.ncep.
noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/wiki which has the information from the
update WW3 Gerrit Help pdf (attached version is updated).  All further
updates will just be added directly to the wiki.  Please feel free to add
updates and helpful hints here as well.

There were two questions asked before about git.  One was which remote
branch is my version tracking.  I found the best way to handle this is
after cloning the repo when you checkout a remote branch use the --track
option so for example to checkout remotebranch1:
git checkout --track origin/remotebranch1

There were also some questions on code-review.  I think the best for this
is just to point you to some existing VLab resources:
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/code-review/Documentation/user-review-ui.html
and https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/vlab/wiki/Gerrit_Help
If anyone would like we can do a more hands-on session in one of the
upcoming monthly calls more focused on code-review.

As always let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Jessica

--
Jessica Meixner