[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WWIII Developer Meeting, Wed. April 18 11:00am ET

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Federal jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 16 14:49:04 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

We will have our developer meeting this *Wednesday, April 18th at 11am ET*. *
(Note the 30 minute delayed start time from normal)*.    This week Fabrice
will be presenting recent updates on various topics such as ST4, ice,
boundary, and will be including some updates from Mickael on namelists.

Thank you to everyone who has put in new issues! I was able to contact
those who were not at the last meeting and *confirm the goal for the next
public release in November* seems to be a reasonable for everyone's planned
developments.  An updated list of issues/versions are below.

*Wednesday, April 18th *

*11am eastern *Note the 30min delay *
*Join By Phone *

877-953-0315

1262920#

Agenda:

* Presentation by Fabrice

* Status of projects intended for next public release (if you cannot make
it or need to leave early due to the time change, please feel free to email
updates to me before).

* Open discussion

*Remaining milestones for v6*

Roadmap: https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/roadmap

* 6.XX Implicit scheme with domain decomposition
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1251>

* 6.XX Namelist format for input files
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1353>

* 6.XX Address directional singularity at North Pole
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1214>

* 6.XX Bit Reproducibility
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1381>
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1426>

** 6.XX GFDL coupled cap <https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1431>*

** <https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1426>6.XX BTOutput
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1426>* 6.XX IC5
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1427>*

** 6.XX Memory Management
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1420>*

<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1381>

* 6.XX Bug Fixes and Documentation
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1380>

  This is a catch all for all non-milestone bug fixes and documentation
updates.

**New Version:* please email me with the information so I can add this
(apparently you cannot do this directly).

**New Issue: *If you want to add a new issue: https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/
redmine/projects/emc-ww3/issues/new please fill in the "target version" and
use "6.XX Bug Fixes and Documentation” if it does not have an individual
milestone which will help for keeping track of issues for the upcoming
public release.

*Completed milestones for v6: *

6.01 Separates Stokes drift spectrum calculation (US3D) from OUTG and
provides new option to output surface Stokes drift partitioned into
run-time defined frequencies (USSP).

6.02 Add new module for ESMF interface

6.03 Adds a capability to update restart file’s total energy based on
independent significant wave height analysis.

Best.

Jessica

--
Jessica Meixner