[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WW3 SVN Branches Clean Up

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 2 17:42:08 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

It's time for a little spring cleaning of the branches on svn again to get
rid of branches that are no longer needed and to start fresh on other
branches to cleanup the svn merge properties.   The reason for doing this
is that with Tim Campbell's help we have cleaned up the merge properties on
svn trunk so that we can hopefully avoid having to use the "--ignore
ancestry" and keep up with the version numbers when syncing branches with
the trunk. However, that means that we either have to clean up the merge
properties on the branches (non-trivial) or start over with a branch copied
from the trunk v87188 or later.

*What do you need to do for your branch(es)?*
1. If you have active work on your branch:
- Let me know you have active work on this branch and we will leave it as
is
- Continue the merge/syncing process as before keeping track of the
revision numbers
2. No active work or any new work:
- Delete the branch and create a new one (only if there will be continued
work) or let me know so I can help you with this. If you are working with a
group on this branch please contact everyone in the group before deleting.
Don't forget that even if the branch is gone, the history is still
available on the wiki and in svn.
- Once you start with a new branch this means we can use the following svn
command to find what trunk revisions are eligible for merging:
svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible ^/ww3/trunk
and the following command to sync your branch with the trunk:
svn merge ^/ww3/trunk

I will be* deleting the doc_edits branch on Wednesday, March 15th* so that
we can clean up and start over with fresh merge properties on that branch
as well.  If you have any uncommitted updates to this branch please let me
know ASAP.

There have been recent *trunk updates*, please note that some of these
changes included an update to w3iogrmd.ftn and therefore you will need to*
recreate your mod_def files* when using the most recent trunk updates
(which is a good idea to do in general when you update your copy of ww3).

As always if you have any questions, let me know.

Best,
Jessica
--
Jessica Meixner