[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WAVEWATCH III Meeting Notes : Jun 14th 2015

Mathieu Dutour mathieu.dutour at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:26:13 UTC 2017

Dear all,

in my opinion, I think
---GIT repository are adequate for storing analytic test case and test case
with a small grid (2000 nodes maximum). It is preferable to have analytic
wind or a program to generate the wind.ww3 current.ww3 and other files
used as input. Size should be a few Mega f
---ftp sites are adequate for realistic test case.

I do not see netcdf <--> ascii as being really important. The problem of
such files (netcdf / ascii) is that if we change the input file then the
file is completely changed and it means that the size of the .git
repository grows very large and eventually become unworkable.

  Mathieu