[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WAVEWATCH III Meeting Notes : Jun 14th 2015

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 16 15:08:15 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone who joined the call on Wednesday.  This will be our
last call until the fall, unless we have a GIT tutorial of some kind.

The biggest topic of conversation is how we are going to handle
large/binary files, since these will not be transitioned to GIT.  We
currently are looking into three possible solutions:

1. host these on an ftp site

2. keep these in a public github (potentially with all regtests in this
repo).

3. transfer the netcdf -> ascii files and transition them back to netcdf

Most likely, our plan will be to use an ftp site (even if only for short
term) but we will also be looking into the public github option for storing
the regression tests together in the future.  For the github option, we
will have to look into how to link or keep track of the repositories and
versions as these need to be connected to versions.

Please see the pdf for more information, but the quick highlights to
remember:

1. Fill out this form to get on the list for vlab/git accounts:
https://goo.gl/forms/QVVWq3a14jC2lrL53

2. Let me know if you have ideas for large files, any type of clean-up,
regession tests or any other issues.

3. Dates to know:

June - Cleaning up svn (removing unneeded branches, removing large and
binary files)

June 26 - Any branch that will be reintegrated to the trunk pre-GIT
transition needs to be ready to go

End of June - Last commits to trunk pre-transition, final clean-up of svn

First of July - Transition to GIT, svn will become read only

I will pass information along as it becomes available.  As always let me
know if you have any questions.

Best,

Jessica

--