[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WW3 updates

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 16 13:46:49 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Just a few quick updates:

First of all thank you to all of you who joined us last week for Yukino's
presentation on the updates for regression testing.  The updateregtest
branch will be going back into the trunk soon, after we get a few more
missing regtests added.

We have had several *trunk updates* in the past week, the first one being a
very helpful bug fix:
* bug fix for W3IORS which was having an MPI segfault during reading of the
restart file (r96470, see https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/ww3/ticket/232
for more details).  Thanks to Tim for fixing this!
* updates for esmf
* updates from NCEP operational code

*Update on GIT transition:*
We are on track for transitioning GIT in mid-September, the current plan
will be have *any last merges to the svn trunk between September 5-12th*.
Then we will freeze svn in a read only mode. The GIT repository should be
ready a few days after that.   I will let you know if there are any updates
to this.

Best,
Jessica

--