[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Update on NEMSCompsetRun SLURM Support

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 7 16:17:11 UTC 2019

Hi all,

As you know, all NOAA R&D machines are moving away from Moab/Torque/ALPS to
SLURM.  The changes to NEMS, NEMSfv3gfs, NCEPLIBS-pyprodutil, and Rocoto
for SLURM on Jet and Theia are all working.  The changes still support
non-SLURM Jet and Theia.  However, Theia's SLURM is misconfigured; if you
ask for complex task geometry, then it think Theia has 12 cores per node
instead of 24.  I'm waiting to hear back from the admins on that.  Once
that bug is fixed, I'm planning on committing the SLURM support to the
relevant repositories.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan