[Ncep.list.nems.announce] impending nems commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 17 13:03:54 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Wednesday night, I will commit a change from Rich Hammett to the NEMS
repository that moves the "produtil" python library from
NEMS/tests/produtil into its own repository.  That library is used by
several operational and community workflows, including the NEMS, but it had
no authoritative repository.  Rich created an authoritative repository in
VLAB, "NCEPLIBS-pyprodutil," which will be a submodule of the NEMS.  All
VLAB gerrit users can access the NCEPLIBS repositories, so you will not
need to request access.  It is unlikely  anyone would have noticed this
change if it were not for this email.

The only users impacted are those who want to update an existing checkout
of the NEMS to use the new version.  You must run "git submodule update
--init --recursive" to update the produtil submodule.  Depending on your
version of "git," you may need to delete the NEMS/tests/produtil/ush
directory before running that command.

The changes can be found in the "pyprodutil-commit" branch of all apps, and
the "pyprodutil" branch of NEMS.   Unfortunately, I could not push out my
WCOSS test logs in time, so I'll get those this evening.

Test results:

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems-commit/pyprodutil/

WCOSS test results will be updated once I can get on WCOSS again.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan