[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Impending NEMS Commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 15 01:38:58 UTC 2018

Hi all,

There is a NEMS change that will be committed noon Wednesday Eastern time.
This was previously announced a while back, but it ran into problems in
testing that had to be fixed.  Final testing is underway, and the relevant
code managers are going to make the final decision on whether to commit
Wednesday morning.  Either way, I'll send an email out at noon Eastern time.

Details:

1. Correction to mediator logic so that land/sea masks consistently use 1
for land and 0 for water.

2. Add chemistry coupling field names in nems earth grid component

The branches:

  NEMS: chem_coupling
  FV3-MOM6-CICE5 app: air-sea-flux
  HYCOM-GSM-CICE app: mask_fix
  All others: master

Unfortunately, we cannot test this on Jet at the moment.  It lacks the
baselines for the latest NEMSfv3gfs because Jet's hfv3gfs project keeps
hitting its hard quota.  We'll retest Jet next week once things stabilize
there and fix any problems that come up.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan