[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS trunk freeze due to repo issues

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 1 00:30:13 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have been asked whether NEMS development is frozen because some people
are already working from git.  Only the NEMS framework trunk and "NEMS"
project vlab git master are frozen.  Please work in Subversion if you can.
However, wherever you need to do your NEMS development, please continue to
do so.  I cannot even guess what the resolution of this problem will be,
but we cannot afford to freeze development of the NEMS.  Just keep in mind
that the subversion trunk and git master are frozen until we find an
acceptable solution, so your developments will not end up in the trunk or
master for a little while.  Once we figure out where and how NEMS framework
development will happen, we'll move development over to that location as
painlessly as possible.

As a reminder, these two directories are frozen:

EMC Subversion: https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/trunk
VLAB git: ssh://samuel.trahan@vlab.ncep.noaa.gov:29418/NEMS

In VLAB git, the master is frozen and any commits submitted via gerrit code
review will be rejected.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan