[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Three upcoming commits to NEMS and NEMSLegacy trunks

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 25 18:58:38 UTC 2016

Hi NEMS developers,

I am going to commit to the NEMS and NEMSLegacy trunks soon.  I'm splitting
my commits into three parts so people can use one without the next.  I'll
send out URLs and paths to the new baseline for commits #1 and #2 in a few
hours.  Planned timeline for commits:

Commit #1 and #2 (appbuilder and exglobal change) = Wednesday 8-9 PM Eastern

Commit #3 (beta version of new regression test system) = Thursday 8-9 PM
Eastern

DETAILS:

COMMIT #1: new NEMSAppBuilder (results unchanged)
Add new NEMSAppBuilder with non-interactive build mode
Add appBuilder files for all five rt.sh build targets
Update rt.sh to use NEMSAppBuilder

COMMIT #2: correct global module logic (gocart results changed on Theia)
This is a bug fix; global scripts were loading the wrong modules.
Remove exngac script.  All global scripts will use exglobal.
Update exglobal and j-job level scripts in NEMS/tests to not load modules
when certain variables are set.
Update qsub/bsub/msub scripts to load modules.

COMMIT #3: beta version of new regression test system
Results are unchanged.
Adds new regression test system which sits next to the old one.
Old system is unchanged.
New input directories in REGRESSION_TEST and REGRESSION_TEST_baseline for
gsm-based tests in new regression test system.