[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Standalone version of NMMB code

Eugene Mirvis eugene.mirvis at noaa.gov
Fri May 27 00:37:55 UTC 2016

Hi Dusan,

Yes, I do. You just said : " ... Which means we do not have a way of
testing the nmmb top of trunk..."  - that's what I've commented on, that
it is a way.
Now you're saying:"... By using specific revision we can have more
frequent commits to the nmmb trunk...". OK. This is a way of the current
layout.  Isn't it?
Nevertheless, it would make no difference  what kind or shape the
NEMS/component code is restructured (libs or source)- we'll always have
a dilemma with multi-project trunk gaps.

Now, I had a chance to look at your "standalone" set. Of course, if the
NMMB team has decided to take from the current NEMS structure a subset
of  ~55 files and 2 dirs:
inside of the NMM directory ("standalone") and to build an executable
based on NMMB.F90 we'll need to know Mark's take on that.  I think,
temporary, it's OK, if it's more convenient for your development (BTW, I
can see some disadvantages too). But if you want to have NEMS users
community to refer to this extended NMM set during other NEMS
components/framework development process, that's different.  Please clarify.

-Eugene