[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS update

Jun Wang - NOAA Affiliate jun.wang at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 22 14:04:42 UTC 2016

Dear NEMS developers:

I am going to commit a couple of updates in NEMS trunk. The changes include:

1)Current operational version is added to nems for nems/gsm parallel test.
Related to this work, the namelist variable newsas and sashal are changed
from logical variable to integer, and defined as following:

sashal - integer, flag for mass-flux shallow conv scheme

1: current operational mass-flux shallow conv scheme
2: updated mass-flux shallow conv scheme
0: modified Tiedtke's eddy-diffusion shallow convection

-1: no shallow convection used

newsas - integer, flag for mass-flux deep conv scheme

1: current operational sas conv scheme
2: updated mass-flux deep conv scheme
0: old sas version before July 2010

Corresponding changes to NMMB is added to accommodate this update.

2)Moorthi's fix for omega is added

3)Current GFS digital filter is updated to separate spectral digital filter
and grid point digital filter in dynamics, a logical variable LDFI_GRD is
added in the model configure file.

4)Fix is made to remove the ESMF error message that checks the high
frequency output alarm when high frequency output option is off and the
alarm is not created.

New baseline results are created for gsm and two nmmb regional regression
tests that use GFS sas convection scheme. No impact on other nmmb tests.
Regression test passed on both theia and tide.

The nems branch is:

​https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/branches/jun/ldfi_grd_sp

Corresponding gsm ticket is:
​https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/gsm/ticket/79
gsm branch is:
​https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/gsm/branches/jun/ldfi_grd_sp

M tests/exglobal_fcst_nems.sh
M tests/gsm_config
M tests/ngac_config
M src/atmos
X src/atmos/gsm
A + src/atmos/phys/sascnvn1.f
M src/atmos/phys/sascnvn.f
A + src/atmos/phys/shalcnv1.f
M src/atmos/phys/gbphys.f
M src/atmos/phys/makefile
M src/atmos/phys/shalcnv.f
M src/atmos/phys/module_CU_SAS.F90
M src/atmos/nmm/n_namelist_physics_def.f
M src/atmos/nmm/module_SOLVER_GRID_COMP.F90
M src/atmos/nmm/n_compns_physics.f

Please let me know if you have any comments/questions. Thanks.

Jun