[Ncep.list.nems.announce] nems trunk commit
Jun Wang - NOAA Affiliate
jun.wang at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 2 02:21:05 UTC 2016
There will be a nems trunk commit tomorrow. The nems ticket is #178: merge
land surface upgrades to NEMS.
The changes are the upgrading of Noah LSM in the NEMS. The whole bundle
(1) Weizhong's modification to deal with rapid temperature drop during
sunset (see ticket #163 <https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/nems/ticket/163>)
(2) Replace the current global 1-deg 13-type SIB vegetation classification
by MODIS global 1-km 20-type IGPB vegetation type
(3) Replace the current global 1-deg 9-type Zolber soil type by 1-km
19-type STASGO dataset
(4) Replace the current quarterly global 1-deg snowfree data by monthly
global 5-km MODIS-based data
(5) Replace the current global 1-deg maximum snow albedo by MODIS-based
global 0.05-deg data
(6) Unify the snow fraction and snow albedo in the land surface and surface
(7) Incorporate a simple urban model
(8) Incorporate some physics improvements to deal with the surface cold/wet
biases over snow.
GSM baseline is generated on both wcoss and theia. A new gsm regression
test to use the updated soil type, vegetation type and snow alebedo data
change is added.There is no impact on NMMB.
NEMS branch is:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.list.nems.announce