[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Trunk broken

Shrinivas Moorthi - NOAA Federal shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 23 23:42:04 UTC 2014

The following files have been updated at revision number 49216.
Sending        tests/Compile_wcoss.log
Sending        tests/Compile_zeus.log
Sending        tests/RegressionTests_wcoss.log
Sending        tests/RegressionTests_zeus.log
Sending        tests/rt.conf
Sending        tests/rt.sh
Transmitting file data ......
Committed revision 49216.
Moorthi

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Shrinivas Moorthi - NOAA Federal <
shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov> wrote:

> OK, this evening I will cleanup what you call as "mess" unless someone has
> objections.
> In my opinion, "nems" is "mess" and needs cleaning.
> Moorthi
>
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Ratko Vasic <ratko.vasic at noaa.gov>
> wrote:
>
>>  Moorthi,
>> since it is trivial issue why haven't you fixed it already?
>> Do you suggest for automatic weekly regression runs to get up Saturdays
>> after midnight and manually change trunk code, and then run it manually
>> (like Fred Flintstone)?
>> So, pretty please... with sugar on top, clean the mess you left behind.
>> -Ratko
>>

>>  On 12/22/2014 6:35 PM, Shrinivas Moorthi - NOAA Federal wrote:
>>
>>  Ratko,
>>   I am not sure what is going on.  *Yes, I changed account to cmp, but
>> whoever checks out the code can change the account. * You are
>> complaining about such a trivial issue?  Also, if you had read the trac
>> ticket, you would have found where the new results are.  I again think we
>> have a serious problem with how nems is being managed.    Why is all the
>> road blocks for GSM developments?  I think it is prudent to separate NMMB
>> and GSM.
>>  Moorthi
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Ratko Vasic <ratko.vasic at noaa.gov>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  I see that you have new results on WCOSS, I'll update that.
>>> But, it is still not going to work since you had to comment out one more
>>> NMMB test.
>>>
>>> For Zeus, you have to give me new results too.
>>> But, that one will fail again: Moorthi changed default account from NEMS
>>> to CMP (this will work ONLY for the people on CMP project.)
>>>
>>> -Ratko
>>>

>>>  On 12/22/2014 12:49 PM, Shrinivas Moorthi - NOAA Federal wrote:
>>>
>>>  All,
>>>    As Xingren mentioned, I also checked out the trunk and ran the
>>> regression test on zeus and passed the 42 regression tests (of course I did
>>> not run the regression tests I bypassed previously - it is not going to
>>> pass without modifying the code/script).  Results from my sare at
>>>
>>> "/scratch2/portfolios/NCEPDEV/global/noscrub/Shrinivas.Moorthi/nems/nems_dec18/trunk/tests/RegressionTests_zeus.log".
>>>
>>>  Moorthi

>>> --
>>> Dr. Shrinivas Moorthi
>>> Research Meteorologist
>>> Global Climate and Weather Modeling Branch
>>> Environmental Modeling Center / National Centers for Environmental
>>> Prediction
>>> 5830 University Research Court - (W/NP23), College Park MD 20740 USA

e-mail: Shrinivas.Moorthi at noaa.gov
Phone:  (301) 683-3718   Fax: (301) 683-3718