[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS update: nems ticket #43

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Tue Jul 23 15:07:38 UTC 2013

As Ratko and others point out, in the end it does boil down to the
developer's own good judgment. It also seems that the NEMS coding policy
is still developing. We also all seem to agree on favoring "removing"
over "commenting out" in situations where it is pretty clear to the
developer that the code should not be there. In less clear situations,
the developer may decide to comment out the code instead, but in that
case I propose that the commented out section should be accompanied by
an explanation on why it is commented out, specifically expressing the
fact that the code appears incorrect, unneeded, or outdated. Typically
there should be a lot less of these "unclear" situations.

Thank you for all the feedback!

-Gerhard