[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS trunk update

Shrinivas Moorthi shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 9 20:44:22 UTC 2013

This is what I get when I try svn merge:
"svn --dry-run merge
https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/gfs/trunk/para/sorc/global_fcst.fd .
svn: OPTIONS of
'https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/gfs/trunk/para/sorc/global_fcst.fd':
Could not resolve hostname `svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov': Host not found
(https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov)"

Moorthi
On 12/09/2013 03:38 PM, Eric Rogers wrote:
> I think it was/is a network issue. I've been seeing intermittent
> failures sending data from Gyre to the web server all day today.
>
> On 12/09/2013 03:35 PM, Sarah Lu - NOAA Affiliate wrote:
>>
>> Thank you all for looking into it.  It seems that a temporary glitch
>> in the SVN?  -- Sarah
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Eric Rogers <eric.rogers at noaa.gov
>> <mailto:eric.rogers at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>
>>     Kate:
>>
>>     Trying svn update again on Zeus gave me:
>>
>>     Zeus:/>svn update
>>

>>     Fetching external item into 'src/atmos/gsm'
>>     External at revision 34148.
>>
>>     At revision 34687.
>>
>>     Which I assume is what should happen.
>>
>>     Thanks
>>     Eric
>>

>>     On 12/09/2013 03:02 PM, Kate Howard - NOAA Federal wrote:
>>>     Eric,
>>>
>>>     Have you tried svn updating again? May have been a temporary
>>>     connection issue to the svn server. I just logged onto Zeus and
>>>     updated my working copy of the nems trunk. No issue updating or
>>>     fetching the gsm external at r34148.
>>>
>>>     However, I just tried the same on Gyre but a full checkout of
>>>     the nems trunk and it timed out with:
>>>
>>>     [Kate.Howard at g10a2 nems]$ svn co
>>>     https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/trunk/
>>>     svn: PROPFIND of '/projects/!svn/bc/34684/nems/trunk': could not
>>>     connect to server (https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov)
>>>
>>>     Tried three times with the same response.
>>>
>>>     Anyone else having these kind of issues?
>>>

>>>     Kate Howard
>>>     NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC GCWMB
>>>     Global Forecast System (GFS) POC
>>>     NCWCP 301-683-3714 <tel:301-683-3714>
>>>

>>>     On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Nicole McKee - NOAA Affiliate
>>>     <nicole.mckee at noaa.gov <mailto:nicole.mckee at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         I still don't know very much about externals, and Kate is
>>>         off this afternoon. But, when I look in Trac at
>>>         https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/trac/nems/browser/trunk/src/atmos,
>>>         at the bottom it states 'Property *svn:externals* set to gsm
>>>         at revision 34148'. But, when I click on that link for the
>>>         external, it takes me to revision 34676 of the gsm. Could
>>>         this be the culprit?
>>>
>>>         Nicole
>>>

>>>         Nicole McKee
>>>         IMSG/NCEP-EMC Global Modeling Branch
>>>         301-683-3812 <tel:301-683-3812>
>>>

>>>         On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Eric Rogers
>>>         <eric.rogers at noaa.gov <mailto:eric.rogers at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Sarah:
>>>
>>>             I see this when I do svn log in that directory:
>>>
>>>             ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>             r34218 | sarah.lu at noaa.gov <mailto:sarah.lu at noaa.gov> |
>>>             2013-11-26 20:39:32 +0000 (Tue, 26 Nov 2013) | 1 line
>>>
>>>             update gsm external link to the gsm trunk R34148
>>>
>>>             Thanks
>>>             Eric

Dr. Shrinivas Moorthi
Research Meteorologist
Global Climate and Weather Modeling Branch
Environmental Modeling Center / National Centers for Environmental Prediction
5830 University Research Court - (W/NP23), College Park MD 20740 USA
Tel:(301)683-3718