[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Follow-up commit to NEMS trunk for ticket #41 NUOPC/OCN integration

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Wed Aug 7 16:23:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is a follow-up commit to the previous commit I made to the NEMS
trunk on 08/02/13.

(1) Now that the associated "gsm" changes are merged onto the GSM trunk
(thank you Kate!), I would like to point the "src/atmos/gsm" subdir to
the current revision of the GSM trunk.

(2) A few house cleaning items:
- Remove deprecated subdirs "src/atmos/gfs" and "src/ocean".
- Change use of "gfs" in favor of "gsm" in build targets and ATM core
specification.

(3) Add the file "nems.configure.IN" that I had forgotten to add in my
previous commit. This causes currently a warning in the regular
regression testing (but no errors or bail outs). However, the "nuopc
test" option does depend on this file.

Code changes and test results are available on Zeus under:
/home/Gerhard.Theurich/NEMS.trunk30446-working

The modifications in detail:

_M   src/atmos
       -> set svn:externals property to "gsm -r30596
https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/gsm/trunk"
D    src/atmos/gfs
       -> remove deprecated "gfs" directory
M    src/atmos/module_ATM_GRID_COMP.F90
       -> support "gfs" and "gsm" as settings for the ATM core/model
D    src/ocean
       -> remove deprecated "ocean" directory
M    src/makefile
       -> replace "gfs" with "gsm" in all build targets
M    job/regression_tests/RT.sh_IN
       -> adjust to the build targets change
A    job/regression_tests/nems.configure.IN
       -> added template file that is needed for NUOPC mode and was
forgotten before
M    job/regression_tests/RegressionTests_zeus.log
       -> updated output file
M    job/regression_tests/Compile_zeus.log
       -> updated output file

-Gerhard