[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] OPEN - TID: 809080283 - IDP - URGENT: Paducah radar data not being used in MRMS (since at least12z)?

Mark Fenbers - NOAA Federal mark.fenbers at noaa.gov
Sun Sep 9 14:05:47 UTC 2018

Randy, good info!  Thank you!  But something really puzzles me about what
was said.  Namely, that editing a config file for the MRMS processing would
prevent a WFO from getting data from their local radar??  I admittedly
don't know how the whole MRMS process works, but the notion of a simple
config file change at headquarters having a side effect of stopping a WFO
from getting their own local radar products seems alarming to me -- like
something is very amiss with how the MRMS process is designed, and very
much a security concern.  Can you verify that this is accurate and that
there isn't any other way to have MRMS fill-in data without such grave
side-effects?
Mark