[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] Chicago radar data not being used in MRMS (since at least 00z)?

Jeff Waldstreicher - NOAA Federal jeff.waldstreicher at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 27 13:12:33 UTC 2018

Hi Ray,

Here is the most recent (3 pm yesterday) FTM that WFO LOT sent.

NOUS63 KLOT 261859
FTMLOT
Message Date: Mar 26 2018 19:00:30

KLOT IS BACK ONLINE. TOUBLESHOOTING HAS IDENTIFIED A FAILED AZ
ROTARY JOINT. A REPLACEMENT PART HAS BEEN ORDERED, BUT IS NOT
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. KLOT WILL R EMAIN ONLINE, BUT DUAL POL
PRODUCTS SHOULD NOT BE USED.

It appears something within MRMS is blocking out nearly all
data from KLOT, but not allowing surrounding radars to fill
in.  I noticed the Q3 Gauge Only products are similarly
rejecting/blanking out the data under the KLOT umbrella.

Jeff
Jeff Waldstreicher
NOAA/NWS Eastern Region HQ
Scientific Services Division