[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] MRMS failover scheduled for 1730Z (current issues in College Park)

Gregory Grosshans gregory.grosshans at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 3 18:59:50 UTC 2017

Hi Derek,

FYI: This email wasn't received until ~1958Z, well past the networking
issues.

Thanks,
Gregg

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <
derek.vanpelt at noaa.gov> wrote:

> MRMS customers,
>
> We have a scheduled failover for today at 1730Z - moving the active feed
> to Boulder.
>
> Additionally we are experiencing network issues in College Park, and may
> move to BLDR sooner if possible.  We will communicate further when the move
> is initiated.
>
> We apologize for any loss of data, and are working to limit any outage.
>
> Derek
>

> --
> Misspelled straight from Derek's phone.

seems to be generating increasing inefficiencies in organizations.  I
recently learned from a manager a Stanford Computer Science professor no
longer uses email for communication, but uses SNAIL mail, telephone calls,
and person to person visits.  I'm considering the same.  405-325-2462*

*Storm Prediction Center*

*120 David L. Boren Blvd, Suite 2330Norman, OK 73072*