[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] IDP MRMS Site failover to College Park: March 9 @ 13Z

Gregory Grosshans gregory.grosshans at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 9 13:13:24 UTC 2017

It looks like this failover occurred at ~1310Z and SPC is still resolving
to the Boulder host.

Has the DNS entry been changed yet?

[ldm@ ~]$ nslookup mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov
Server:         140.90.173.105
Address:        140.90.173.105#53

mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov       canonical name =
mrms-ldmout.bldr.ncep.noaa.gov.
Name:   mrms-ldmout.bldr.ncep.noaa.gov
Address: 140.172.138.50

[ldm@ ~]$

Thanks,
Gregg
SPC

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <
derek.vanpelt at noaa.gov> wrote:

> MRMS customers,
>
> We are failing the primary MRMS site to the College Park MRMS tier
> tomorrow morning at 13Z.  This fail over will also bring v11.0.6 into
> operations.  The new version should increase reliability of delivered
> products, and will modify the way Canadian radars are handled within MRMS.
>
> Our expectation is that this will be a seamless transition, but have had
> DNS problems reported in the past with some MRMS customers.  Please monitor
> your feed closely in the morning as possible, and contact the IDP group if
> you need further support.
>
> Additionally, we are planning on going back to Boulder early next week
> after we have updated the Boulder code to v11.0.6.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Derek
>

> --
> Derek Van Pelt
> IDP Onboarding
> NOAA/NCEP/NCO

seems to be generating increasing inefficiencies in organizations.  I
recently learned from a manager a Stanford Computer Science professor no
longer uses email for communication, but uses SNAIL mail, telephone calls,
and person to person visits.  I'm considering the same.  405-325-2462*

*Storm Prediction Center*

*120 David L. Boren Blvd, Suite 2330Norman, OK 73072*