[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] [Ncep.list.idp_support] MRMS will be moving to College Park immediately

Jaysankar Iyer - NOAA Affiliate jaysankar.iyer at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 2 20:07:10 UTC 2016

MRMS customers,

We are now serving MRMS data out of our servers in College Park. Due to
some unforeseen technical issues, we had an outage of approximately an
hour. All services are verified to be normalized by now.

If you are still seeing problems in resolving mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov
correctly to our servers in College Park, check your DNS settings. The TTL
values on your side may be set to a longer value than expected. In some
cases, the TTL value may be as high as 24 hours - you can check with your
network team to get an exact answer on this.

In the meanwhile, as a stop-gap you could try and pull data directly from
the CPRK MRMS tier by requesting from mrms-ldmout.cprk.ncep.noaa.gov.

For continuing problems, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your patience,

-Jay

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <
derek.vanpelt at noaa.gov> wrote:

> MRMS customers,
>
> We will be moving MRMS activities back to College Park at 1:20 EDT today.
>
> This move is necessary to send our lightning products out, as our
> lightning ingest in Boulder has been cut for over a day, and no
> solution has been found at this point.
>
> Apologies for the short notice.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Derek
>
> --
> Derek Van Pelt
> IDP Onboarding
> NOAA/NCEP/NCO

Jaysankar Iyer (CyberData Technologies, Inc.)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NWS | NCEP | NCO | IDSB
U.S. Department of Commerce
5830 University Research Court
College Park, Maryland 20740
301.683.1483 | jaysankar.iyer at noaa.gov