[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] MRMS LDM Users: Transition to Boulder

Scott Jacobs - NOAA Federal scott.jacobs at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 1 12:02:33 UTC 2016

MRMS LDM Customers,

As we told you in June, NCO has set up a mirror facility in Boulder, CO,
for the Integrated Dissemination Program.  This facility in Boulder will be
running the same IDP applications as the current NCO facility in College
Park, MD, including the Multi-Radar/Multi-Sensor (MRMS) application
developed by NSSL.

On Thursday, August 4, 2016 at 1500 UTC, we will be switching to the
Boulder servers as the primary distribution point. We plan on running on
the Boulder servers for the foreseeable future. Therefore, please ensure
you have the following configuration in your LDM:

Your firewall should accept both:

   - CURRENT MRMS LDM server: 140.90.98.15 (*mrms-ldmout.cprk.ncep.noaa.go*
   *v*)
   - NEW Boulder MRMS LDM server: 140.172.138.50
   *(mrms-ldmout.bldr.ncep.noaa.go**v*)

Additionally, your LDM configuration should request from LDM server
*mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov
<http://mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov>*.

Once the firewall rules are updated and the LDM request line is
changed to *mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov
<http://mrms-ldmout.ncep.noaa.gov> *no further changes should be required
on your side.
We ask that if you have problems on August 4, please send an email to
*ncep.list.idp_support at noaa.gov
<ncep.list.idp_support at noaa.gov>*. We will be monitoring the servers and
will respond to any issues as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Jacobs
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/IDSB