[Ncep.list.grouptravel] Fwd: [Action 5/21] - IAEM Portfolio Planning 2021

Sharon Dee - NOAA Federal sharon.dee at noaa.gov
Wed May 12 11:05:50 UTC 2021

Please see below.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Angela Proctor - NOAA Federal <angela.proctor at noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, May 11, 2021 at 4:24 PM
Subject: [Action 5/21] - IAEM Portfolio Planning 2021

Afternoon All,

I am sending out the attached spreadsheet to begin the planning process for
the upcoming group travel call for the Annual International Association of
Emergency Managers Meeting <https://www.iaem.org/usconf/hotel-and-travel>
happening from October 15-22, 2021, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

With the IAEM abstracts submitted, NWS wants to avoid spending funds
outside of the planned travel/fees you have in your FY21 spend plans and
avoid confusion on overall attendance. The number of abstracts that were
submitted should correspond to the number of attendees your portfolio is
able to support.

To begin planning, start with the number of participants that attended in
2020, as long as they’re accounted for in your 2021 budget. Please use this
2020 sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cARVmDveVsHrtml_gpu-cs7jPpQw607C9FOxVGRbfVo/edit#gid=1061811237>
for reference. If you would like to send more people this time, let us know
how many additional slots are needed and we will do our best to accommodate
in light of overall group travel constraints.

The conference organizers are planning for a hybrid 2021 Annual Meeting
with both virtual and in-person options. They note that the safety of an
in-person event in October is still uncertain, so the planning will likely
evolve between now and conference time. Please just enter your best guess
based on the available information at this time, and we will work to refine
estimates as more details are solidified.

*ACTION: By May 21, please enter your expected number of attendees per
portfolio to the IAEM Meeting into the this 2021 spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ycNO2OfnPdiek0l6r4QCUkYY3AG86JGjzFjIB9J2X24/edit#gid=1211178086>*
*.* Please only edit the yellow squares. Basic cost estimates have been
provided based on the 2020 rates, but they are subject to change as IAEM
finalizes their planning.

Your response to this request will inform the group travel call as we will
be providing guidance on numbers per portfolio. This is to manage costs and
expectations of staff traveling and attending the meeting. In the meantime
- you should be coordinating with your own staff ahead of the abstract
notifications being distributed.

Thanks.
_____
Angela Proctor
National Weather Service
CFO 1  | Budget Formulation and Execution
Direct Line:  301-427-9767

*Sharon Dee*
*National Centers for Environmental Prediction*
*5830 University Research Court, Room 4600*
*College Park, Maryland  20740*

*sharon.dee at noaa.gov <sharon.dee at noaa.gov>301-683-1315 (Office)*
*240-554-7321 (Cell)*
*301-683-1325 (Fax)*