[Ncep.list.grouptravel] IMPORTANT: E2 Travel System Training

Genene Fisher - NOAA Federal genene.fisher at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 5 19:42:06 UTC 2017

Center Travel Preparers and Approvers:

The message below was sent to all Travel Manager users on March 23
highlighting the upcoming changes with the new E2 Travel System. NOAA will
transition to CWTSatoTravel’s E2travel system on May 22  and NOAA’s
Integrated Travel Manager (ITM) system will be retired on July 31. It is
essential that you take the training before May 22 (although it's
recommended you take it before May 5). Attached is a listing of basic and
advanced training being offered in April (both virtual and classroom). You
can register for all training on CLC.

I have also attached some talking points that you could use for any Center
all hands meetings.

Here are some Q&As I have received so far:

*1) What training do I really need to take?*

Travelers: Traveler/Arranger Basic
Preparers: Traveler/Travel Arranger Basic & Traveler/Travel Arranger
Reviewers/Approvers: Approver Basic (this also covers a lot of the material
in Traveler Basic)

The slides for these training sessions can also be found at:
http://www.corporateservices.noaa.gov/finance/e2travel.html

*2) What if a traveler does not have 3 hours to take the basic training?*
I am working with CFO to develop a short training/handout that will explain
how travelers will sign their Travel Vouchers in E2.

*3) Will travelers have to make their own reservations? *
No. While travelers can book their own transportation and lodging in E2, we
are recommending that the Centers continue working through their travel
preparers to book travel arrangements.

*4) Will there be additional costs to E2?*
Yes. Attached is a listing of new E2 fees.

*5) After the training, what happens next?*

May 19: Client Services will send out emails with new Credentials User Ids
and temporary passwords

May 19-22*: *Receivers of New User emails have 72 hours to go in to E2
system and set a password and user profile

Genene