[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] Upcoming SLURM change commit to global-workflow repo

Kate Friedman - NOAA Federal Kate.Friedman at noaa.gov
Wed May 8 17:58:35 UTC 2019

All,

I've been getting a lot of questions about global-workflow working under
SLURM now that MOAB has gone away. Please know that the global-workflow
branch with changes for SLURM is in the final stages before going back to
the global-workflow master. Some final concerns arose during pre-commit
testing that are being worked on now. Once testing is complete the changes
will get pushed up for review and assuming no issues with the review they
will be committed to the master.

Details on the changes will be provided in the commit announcement when
complete. It will be advised that users sync the master into their branches
for best results (or git pull if you're using the master). The list of
changes will be provided for users who will need to manually make the
changes in their older copies of the system.

For now please remain patient and try not to contact the global-workflow
code managers with SLURM questions ahead of the commit. This is our top
priority right now, we're working hard on this, and hope to have it in the
master very soon. We're just as eager to get this into the master as you!

Thanks everyone!

Kate Friedman (formerly Howard)
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC Engineering and Implementation Branch