[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] Global dump archive maintenance this week on WCOSS

Kate Friedman - NOAA Federal kate.friedman at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 4 13:31:55 UTC 2018

All,

This week I am doing some maintenance on the WCOSS global dump archive to
begin utilizing dump archive space granted on the Crays. The work will
affect the June 2016 through at least the December 2016 data at first but
should not affect any experiments using the dump data for that time period.
Please let me know however if you encounter any errors in your gfs/gdas
prep jobs related to an inability to access dump data.

The work should take most of the week and should give us the ability to
hold more data on WCOSS for longer. This work does not affect the Theia
dump archive.

Thank you!

Kate Friedman (formerly Howard)
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC Engineering and Implementation Branch