[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] fv3gfs release beta test

Dusan Jovic dusan.jovic at noaa.gov
Fri May 12 20:04:27 UTC 2017

Thanks, Sam.

Unloading the modules is indeed something you can't do with a simple
text file containing "module load ..." lines.

But I do not understand the reasons 2. and 3. File modules.nems is not
supposed to be load-ed but sourced from either interactive shell (bash
or tcsh) or from a shell script, which can be either *sh or *csh. Why
would anyone "source /etc/profile" from module.nems file, which only
contains simple commands. Interactive shell or a shell script must be
properly configured to load modules, which is also the case with
modulefies and that's why you have module-setup scripts.

Anyway, thank you again for the explanation.

Dusan