[Ncep.list.emc.npsr] 2017 NPSR

Geoffrey Manikin - NOAA Federal geoffrey.manikin at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 13 13:32:45 UTC 2017

         The 2017 NCEP Production Suite Review will be held in College
Park, MD on 4-6 December.    We plan to start the meeting mid-morning on
the 4th and wrap up by or shortly after noon on the 6th.    This message is
NOT a call for declaration of attendance;  it is to inform you of the dates
so you can save them and begin making your travel plans.

         We significantly changed the format of the 2016 meeting to reduce
the number and length of presentations and to add in breakout sessions, and
the feedback on the changes was overwhelmingly positive.    We therefore
intend to have a similar format this year, but we welcome your help in
determining the topics for the breakout sessions.  If you have ideas for
important topics related to the Production Suite that should be discussed
among all NPSR participants, please let us know.

          More informational messages about the 2017 NPSR will be sent in
the weeks ahead.   In the meantime, do not hesitate to reply with any
questions or comments that you have.      And if you'd like to be removed
from this listserv, or if you know of someone who should be added, we'll
happily take care of that.

                         - Geoff Manikin
                         - Jason Levit
                         - Mike Ek