[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] Fwd: ffmm_cc & ffhh_cc: queries to monsoon mailing list

Shrinivas Moorthi shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 30 11:55:29 UTC 2014

The terms ffmm and ffhh terms are momentum and heat exchange
coefficients calculated in the atmospheric model.
They are replacing those computed in the original MOM4 so that both
atmosphere and ocean use the same exchange
coefficients so that heat flux and momentum fluxes are consistent in the
coupled system.
Although I was not directly involved in this coding, I think that is the
reason for this replacement.
I hope this helps.
Moorthi
On 01/29/2014 11:57 PM, Ashok Karumuri wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> (i) I am posting a query from  my colleague Prajeesh (see below). Any clarifications will be appreciated.
>
> (ii) For some reason, his emails requesting for registration with monsoon desk seem to drop dead. Could the list managers register A. G. Prajeesh <prajeesh.cat at tropmet.res.in> of the IITM in the monsoon mission  mailing list, so that he can directly receive communications, and post his queries as a member?
>
> Thanks in advance, and best regards
> Ashok

Dr. Shrinivas Moorthi
Research Meteorologist
Global Climate and Weather Modeling Branch
Environmental Modeling Center / National Centers for Environmental Prediction
5830 University Research Court - (W/NP23), College Park MD 20740 USA
Tel:(301)683-3718