[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] Reg. run time switch for monthly outputs

Shrinivas Moorthi - NOAA Federal shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 19 10:40:23 UTC 2013

The variable "FHOUT" in the AM namelist controls the output frequency for
the AM and "FHZER" controls the interval over which accumulated variables
are accumulated.  Note that FHOUT <= FHZER.  However, outputs like sigma
file are instantaneous.  So, if you make the output frequency too large,
you will not get good monthly means.
My recommendations is to have the script cleanup after monthly means are
calculated; this is already in your scripts I think.
I hope this helps.
Moorthi

--
Dr. Shrinivas Moorthi
Research Meteorologist

e-mail: Shrinivas.Moorthi at noaa.gov
Phone:  (301) 683-3718   Fax: (301) 683-3718