[Ncep.list.emc.glopara-support] stopping fcst2 step

Kate Howard kate.howard at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 18 10:40:23 EST 2010

  Actually...here is an example of such an if-statement for anyone
interested.

The following initially sets fseg to 2 (two forecast segments) and then
the following if-statement constrains the forecast to one segment when
not running a 00z cycle:

fseg=2
   if [ $cycn -ne 00 ]; then fseg=1; fi         # for hurricane track,
only 120-hr fcst is required
   if [ $cycn -ne 00 ]; then fmax1=126; fi

The 2nd if-statement gives an example of constraining the first segment
to 126hrs.

Kate Howard
NCEP/EMC Global Branch