[Ncep.hmon] Please test squeue-driven Rocoto 1.3.0-RC5

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 26 19:47:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Rocoto has lost jobs recently due to two bugs: unrecognized SLURM job
states (ie. out_of_memory) and scontrol taking too long to run.  The
1.3.0-RC3 and 1.3.0-RC4 in system areas on Jet and Theia are updated with
workarounds, but they'll still run very slowly.  We have a new version,
1.3.0-RC5, which uses squeue instead of scontrol, and should be several
orders of magnitude faster for most users.  This version should be
considered experimental, but we do need to get it working as soon as
possible (yesterday would be great).

module load rocoto/1.3.0-RC5

Please let us know as soon as possible if there are problems.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan